Yes, my final FAL project for the quarter is done - it was a bit of improv piecing done by my friend Janet as an experiment, and donated to the Princess cause.
I trimmed it to size and enjoyed a bit of FMQ before binding with what I thought was white but is the palest shade of pink, but no worries, it looks fine.
I promise I'll do a parade, soon, of Princess quilts completed so far - I have 14 made and am aiming for 20 as per the fairy tale.
Another finish that I have managed this month is my Mystery Quilt a Long with Sarah Fielke & Spotlight in Australia. My friend Salley, from Sydney, always refers to this shop as Spotty so I have decided to call the quilt Spotty. I stopped short of the full pattern and also used my own stash fabrics instead of the SF ones, so didn't join in 100%. I also got a bit bored with the amount of circles and applique but we were warned that there was a lot of applique so I can't really complain.
So this one measures about 56" square, makes a change from the tiddlers I've been working on lately. I quilted it in a sort of spider's web which looks, ok - ish. I just couldn't capture it properly on film as my backing is plain white and we have had wall to wall sunshine for over a week now (honestly!!) so conditions a little bright.
This one shows the quilting a bit better, if you really peer at it - not advisable.
I have long admired quilts bound in B & W but decided that a Spotty quilt needed spotty binding and I am delighted with it. Just a label now and I am ready to part with it - it is destined for my niece, who will be 18 next month. Hope she likes it........