Friday 22 January 2010

Thawing out

At last, all traces of the white stuff are gone. Isn't it amazing how we began to think that any + temperature was warm? The wind these last couple of days has soon changed our minds on that!!

Our pond has completely thawed now and was visited - briefly - the other day by our local heron, a big beast who has yet to snare our fish. I have criss-crossed stout thread back and forth across the pond and it seems to be keeping him out of the water.

Yesterday I had a great big pheasant at the back door, he was a beauty.

On to matters of a quilting nature - the Pic'n'Mix quilt project is coming along nicely with several tops emerging...this last couple of weeks we have been constructing flying geese units using a very clever and quick method. The borders are looking good!

My beginners class this year has been very industrious and most have layered up their quilt and made a start on the quilting - well done all of them.

I managed to book some space yesterday for my Open Night - it is to be Monday 29th March so pop the date in your diaries now and I will give out more info later.

For those of you itching to start another project, why don't you make a couple of wee Linus quilts? I will be issuing my annual challenge soon but some of you may like to get a head start now.

My first workshop of 2010 is on Sunday and promises to be interesting as Alloway Village will be steeped in 1759 celebrations - I hope we manage to do some sewing...........it's to be a day of gentle hand sewing, exploring crazy patchwork so should fit in nicely with the period activities outside the hall. I have two last minute spaces for anyone who is interested.............

Better get on, am in the shop later............(we have some lovely new Moda in by the way - yum!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...