Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Power of Pink






Well, what a great Open Evening we had last Thursday - thanks to everyone who came along to see the results of everyone's hard work this year.
To think I was a wee bit worried a couple of days before that I might not have enough quilts to hang - oh she of little faith!!

This year things were a bit different - Marie came along as a visitor for a change, she enjoyed seeing much of her fabric translated into lots of lovely quilts and I am sure you all understand that she deserves a break from heaving bales of fabric about.

I decided to try out the Bring and Buy idea, borne from my ruthless clear-out of my own sewing room. I never dreamt it would result in raising as much as £350.10, I am just so thrilled with that result and thank all of you who contributed "stuff" as well as those who bought, and bought.........

I managed to spend some time over the Easter weekend sorting through the photos and have decided to try and share the with you through flickr

Click on the flickr link - you may have to register with my flickr group - I have established it as a public group for invited friends only so not too public! If you have a problem linking to the site, try the flickr button on the left of this page under "favourite sites" or if all else fails, http://www.flickr.com/groups/bluepatchquilts/

Lastly - we all know Carol O'Donoghue's favourite colour - well, I am delighted to report that her quilt was the favourite of those who visited on Thursday night - her Pic'n'Mix quilt was a delight in pink and white and was a personal Life Journal that I have no doubt will be a treasured family heirloom. Well done Carol.

At the other end of the colour spectrum was Madeline Stevenson's delightful black and white version of Pic'n'Mix.


I would like to say a big thank you to those of you who have continued to support my classes again this year and welcome those who have signed up to join me in August. I really never anticipated that we would become such a close knit community and take great pleasure from the fact that our quilting obsession is shared and passed on.

I will keep in touch throughout the summer thro the blog, keep checking back.

1 comment:

  1. A great exhibition from all of your classes.I did like the fact that quilts in many stages of being finished were on show. well done.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...