Thursday 3 June 2010

Summer Daze


It's getting harder and harder to sew now that the sun is shining and the house move draws closer...............but, I have completed the baby quilt below for sister & brother in-law, Lynn & Craig, who are expecting their second baby around the middle of July. As you will see it is a very simple affair with 6" squares punctuated here and there with pinwheel blocks. I appliqued my favourite teddy which some of you may remember from my great big bed quilt. He originated from an Australian magazine a few years back. I always like to use a faux suede for his body, to add a bit of texture.Unusually for me, I have used a 4oz polyester wadding and machine tied it, adding just the minimum of actual machine quilting!

Most of the fabric for the teddy quilt is from the shop, from Fig Tree Quilts, by Moda, gorgeous range.
I am almost finished my second summer project, a wallhanging for another sister & brother in law, who will be celebrating their Silver Wedding in a couple of weeks. Will post a pic as soon as it is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Success!! I like yr Teddy. Keep up the good work. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this quilt, and the colours are fab, must get into the shop asap for a look at the fabrics. happy house move!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...