This week sees the 19th project in the Zakka sew a long - I haven't managed all of them and hesitated on this week's project, a Sugar Cookie Sack complete with felt cookies.
It's going to be a long time before the wee girl in my life will be old enough to appreciate such goodness so guess what? I adapted and made it a bit different.
Our mentor this week was Jen, who made a little modification herself which I copied. Instead of an embroidered label on the front of the sack, I added a pocket, using the very last scrap of my chosen fabric.
This is a simple little sack to construct - I tried to be clever and made mine with French seams to conceal all the raw edges but they proved too bulky, I should have cut the pieces a little wider to accommodate the extra seaming - so I unpicked 4 rows of stitching. I also unpicked and reduced the width of the pocket, pretty much doubling the time it took to complete a straightforward project. Smarty pants!!
Returning to my olympic achievements, I knocked up another wee hat, this time for an older baby I know, so a bit bigger than the last one.