Last Zakka project this week and it was quite a time consuming one, have just managed to finish in time for the link up.
This week was a set of three nesting boxes. Some of the others had made comments about the construction technique in the book, and I have to admit I had read and re-read the chapter in the weeks running up to the finale and was thinking of adapting it. The final construction in the book was all done by hand and as they say in these parts, seemed a little footery.
I did think of making the outer box, and a lining and turning the outer through the lining, a bit like a bag.
However I did want to make a nice firm binding to contrast with both outer and inner box so I made a quilted outer, a quilted inner and bound them together around the top with a single-fold binding. The result is quite a soft box but it stands up on its own quite happily.
It's been a fun Sew A Long that has lasted 24 weeks, many thanks to Lindsey for hosting it, and thanks also to all the generous sponsors, especially, in my case, to Zipit as I won that particular prize.
For the final time, I am linking to Lindey's blog, LRStitched.