This year we will be making a festive cushion with the help of Gordon, my Accuquilt Go, to make the applique shapes.
The reindeer, two different snowflakes and the sleigh all came as part of my latest Accuquilt die. I added the parcels.
I took my new, favourite approach to making this cushion. First I quilted up a length of background fabric that was big enough to wrap around the pad, with an overlap.
Then I added the applique to the quilted piece.I then bound the short end and sewed top & bottom.
On the back of the cushion I added a runaway reindeer and some fallen parcels, just for fun.
Today, the sun has shone constantly, we have blue skies but the temperature is still low. However, with the feeling that it might not be long now until Spring, I managed to get out twice for a wee walk.
In between walks I made my blocks for Bee Bleessed, April. They are described as Starflower blocks.
Bet you don't believe it's the same block..........
It really is.............
Anyway, as well as Judith's blocks, I finished the April Bee a Brit Stingy blocks for Di. These are very Orla Kiely and I really look forward to seeing them altogether, just need to do a siggy block and then they will be ready to post.
I also seem to be turning into a bit of a hand sewer..........but I'll keep that for another day!!