Tuesday 7 March 2017

Love is in the Air

I do have quite a few sewing project to share but I am just popping in tonight to share with you a new pattern launch.

As so many of you know, I retired from my P&Q classes last year and it has been in my mind to work through some of my class projects, adapting them as patterns, suitable for online sale.

So this first one to be added to my Etsy pattern stable is Love is in the Air. It started out life as a personal, quilted wall hanging to celebrate my own Silver Wedding way back in 2005.


I went on to make a second for another Silver Wedding before presenting it as a class workshop and it was one that became very popular over the years.
So now I have been working hard to adapt it for a wider audience. The 11 page pattern includes templates for appliqued hearts and optional foundation pieced blocks. Essentially, the pattern will take you to a finished quilt top but does have fabric requirements that will allow you to progress through to layering and quilting stage. The little quilt mesures approximately 34" x 33"
You will also find ideas and diagrams that show how this delightful wall hanging can be adapted to include 30 hearts, or even 40 hearts, so if you have a special celebration coming up in the family any time soon, maybe this is the pattern for you. 


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely little quilt Sheila, I am sure it will be a popular pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of "love" in this pattern! . . . such pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Well done on all that work - hope it prove fruitful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...