Wednesday 19 April 2017

Fruity

Excitement levels are building Chez Bluepatch as our Disney holiday approaches.........I showed you a few things that I had made for Ava already but have one more project that I haven't shared and this one is courtesy of Ali at veryberryhandmade. It's a very nice art wrap, well, Ali's is, mine is a wee bit wobbly and I left out the ties as I thought the chubby five year old fingers might cope better with snaps, (and I am putting Kam snaps on everything that doesn't move at the moment). Anyway, thought I'd produce this on the flight, might keep her amused for half an hour or so..............






Meanwhile, I am now all up to date on the Bellaskillbuilder BOM that I am doing from the fatquartershop blog. This month we had to do seven Pineapple blocks, three in one size and four a little larger. There was a recommended ruler to purchase to help trim as you went along but I wanted to make a start and I am also a bit mean and thought I was unlikely to be making more Pineapples in my near future. I'd only ever foundation pieced this block before so had a bit of a look online to see if I could pick up some tips and found some help from this blog - once I got going I found I could use tape to mark my wide ruler at the point for trimming each round of the pineapple and this worked fine for me. Although my blocks look quite accurate they are actually quite wonky here and there but I am really quite pleased with them. Remember I am using old shirts for this project although in these Pineapples the peach is new solid from stash, the white is all shirt fabric.





2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a lovely surprise you have in store for Ava! that will be fun on the trip.
    Am in awe of your pineapples... they look very accurate to me! Do you find the old shirt fabric tightly woven? I have a pile of Husbeast's old business shirts for a "one day" project.... but am thinking they may not be all that easy to stitch. Have a wonderful Disney holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava will be delighted with her Art folder, what a lovely surprise for her on the trip. Your pineapple blocks look very fine from here :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...