Friday 2 August 2019

Furtling After a Fashion, in July

I couldn't agree more with Helen when she said she thought blogging once a month would be reasonalbly straightforward.

Thoxe month ends just sneak up even though I do think about my blog through the month.

July started off for us with great excitement - I had entered the Wimbledon ballot last year and was  astounded to be offered tickets when the ballot results came out in February.

Even more gobsmacking was that we had Centre Court tickets! Granted they were for the first day and from looking at the seat and row numbers we did surspect we might need binoculars. But no - we could see beautifully, we were sheltered by the closed roof structure from too much sun and our day was absolutely fab from start to finish. Even the decoration of the tube station added to our enjoyment.




Above was 1st match on Centre court, Djokovic v Kohlshreiber.

Safe to say we had a lovely few days in London, hadn't been in years. We walked our socks off seeing the sights and I managed a lovely visit to the V&A where I made sure to see the Mary Quant exhibition.

I also managed a quick foray into Liberty.



We travelled by train so I was able to enjoy some gentle EPP, continuing slowly with my Mandolin Quilt.


I have been trying to cut back on my EPP sewing due to my pesky trigger thumb - I did have a steroid injection about 10 days ago and thankfully there is no longer any pain, just residual stiffness and clicking. But I can happily sew with a straight thumb and reckon "use it or lose it"

I also made this little quit which is essentially just a 12" block. It's to be a little birthday gift to match the baby quilt from a year ago that I made for some young friends in the US. They are outdoorsy folks and live in Utah. This block is called  after Zion National Park - found the image on Pinterest.


I may have made a slight error in my fabric positioning (oops) but overall am happy with the block.

Finally I started another gift, for one of my grand babies - there is a real doggy in her family so I thought a Patchwork Pup might go down well. So far have just cut and joined the squares.


I might also have started a Lola pouch, just to scratch a sewing itch last week..........

I am linking up to Mini Archie's Furtle Around the Blogosphere.

Archie The Wonder Dog







4 comments:

  1. Those quilts in Liberty are gorgoeus Sheila, it is a glorious shop to while away some time in isn't it! Will be following your progress with that pup, I cut out and stitched up the squares for one a couple of years ago but could not get my head around putting it together, so hope you work out the bit that I obviously missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill to get those Wimbledon tickets! I've never been myself but I bet it's something you never forget. Plus it would be rude not to pop into Liberty!
    Hope the steroid jab works as you will be frustrated to cut down on what you want to do. I can't wait to see how the pup turns out. Have a good month xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - hope you catch this reply, I'm afraid you are a no reply blogger!
      I have made one of those pups before but a long time ago so hope I pull it off again.

      Delete
  3. A very busy month! I'm looking forward to seeing the floral dog finished! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...