Sunday 11 October 2009

Half Term




Sunday, and I am thinking of all the things I want to do this week when there are no classes on................think I might be overestimating my capabilities!
I keep thinking of things I would like to make for Christmas - those of you from the Thursday a.m. class will have seen (pink) Carol's lovely Patchwork Pup which was imaginatively named "Patch"- well I want to make one for my wee nephew for Christmas and have already purchased the fat 1/4s. I did a bit of searching on the net to see if I could source a free pattern for you all and found a great slide show of completed pups at flickr. (email me for link) It also has some diagrams of the construction of the pup - basically made from heaps of squares, Carol's were 2 1/2" - I plan to cut mine 3 1/2" so we'll see what size he turns out. I first came across the pattern when dear old Margaret Clark was working from an original 70s pattern in class......about a year ago.

Try this link for a tutorial.
quiltastic.typepad.com look under "stuff animals" on left side of column.

Meanwhile one last pic from last Sunday, courtesy of Lorna & Delia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...