Tuesday 27 December 2011

It's a Wrap

And so that was Christmas..............and what have we done, another year over, etc etc.
As far as this household is concerned, lots of food, good company, great pressies given and received, I imagine much the same as for most of you.
Hands up if you are yearning, just a tiny bit,........for your sewing machine - I know, sad, but true.

I can now post my final makes that I couldn't show before Christmas for fear of spoiling surprises.
This was an enlarged and slightly altered version of Leila's fabric organiser - I loved making this.
The above quilt is really a completed UFO from last year - all that was need to finish was a bit of quilting and binding. My incentive to finish was realising it would be a perfect pressie for a pal.
The above is a Sailrigger's Bag - I have taught this bag over and over and a friend asked me to make one for her to give.
 
 oh, and I made another couple of coin trays.................
 ...................and of course, some of Susan's samosas - they went down rather well, think I might make them a new Christmas Eve tradition.

9 comments:

  1. Love the presents you made - the organiser looks great scaled up! And the samosas look great...I'm not yearning for my sewing machine - I've been stitching hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I am cracking open the hexies tonight too - I can't stand the idle hands any longer, they keep wandering to the sweet tin!

    Love the makes, especially the organiser. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been sewing all morning, I have to give over the guest room/sewing room later today for a couple of days so then it is back to knitting. You made lovely presents and it sounds like a lovely time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts. The colours of your organiser are gorgeous.
    And the samosas look yummy too :)
    I've been enjoying looking at sewing books and trying to plan a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great makes there Sheila, looks like you were very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pressie pile! But really, did you have to get that song stuck in my head just before bedtime?! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the lucky person to receive the organiser and can only say it looks as good in real life as it does in the photo - thank you again. I'll certainly be giving it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time - I've managed to find some time cutting and I've just had half an hour tidying my room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great makes hope the recipients were happy!

    And you have just made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...