Tuesday 31 January 2012

Mouthy Stitches

Getting on with my zippy pouch for the Mouthy Stitches swap.
Like everyone in the swap, I know who I am making for but not who is making for me. I think there are about 90 of us in this swap and lots of posting going on over at the flickr group.
I think many of us who have already been in swaps have experienced quiet partners - in my case I once had a total absentee - so the rules of this swap insist on active participation, quite rightly. I am finding it a bit of a slog though as there are so many pics posted each day and I would hate to miss out on commenting for my partner's benefit.
Anyway, here is a pic of my WIP......... since taking this photo, I have added fabric zipper ends and purchased some black perle cotton to hand stitch the red linen.

Hope my partner approves, she is a teensy bit quiet.............

12 comments:

  1. This mama says you don't have to comment on everything, just be there with comments on stuff you like, or really isn't you, to help your partner. But honestly, please have fun or there isn't any sense in doing it. And your pouch in process looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't think it's for me then because I have commented on just about every photo in the group.
    I like it and the black perle thread on the red will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i know it isn't for me, as I'm not playing :oD Looks fab though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colourful patchwork Sheila! Had to chortle at your mention of an absentee partner! This swap looks fun - love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly love it! Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love what you've made and can't wait to see more! Hope your partner finds her chatty mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks great Sheila. I have a silent partner too - again! But hey, if they don't comment, then they can;t complain if they don't like it can they!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful!
    I think we could be having early burn out as everyone went a bit crazy there at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, send it to me instead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I found permission from Susan and Hadley not to comment on every pic - I was beginning to think I'd get nothing done!

    You are making good progress on yours Sheila! Is bound to please!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...