Friday 8 February 2013

A Sit Down & A Cuppa

I have been in the company of my daughter and almost - walking grand daughter all day....they have gone home now so I thought I'd have a wee breather and a quick update on what I have been up to this week.

First up are my blocks for Siblings Together - Nicky, one of my Stingy Bee pals, kindly offered to put together and quilt a joint effort from our Bee. She suggested "boy" colours so hopefully these will be ok. The exercise certainly made me realise how little blue I have in my stash. The blocks are scrappy Trip Around the World ones that have taken blogland by storm. I have made these blocks before and actually run a Day Workshop called, A Day Trip Around the World. However, I have only done it with controlled colours, so it was fun to be more scrappy although I have to confess unpicking in the wrong place, more than once.
My other little project was a coin tray, requested by the brother of my SIL, as a gift for his wife. Colours (cream & gold) as requested, hope she likes it.
The fabric I had was a tiny bit of gold Christmas fabric, and I teamed it with some cream linen.

First thing this morning I got going on one of my UFOs and am off to do a bit more. I will be back to share my progress and explain the mechanics of my plan to make it into a big floor cushion.
Have a great weekend everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Oh the trippy will be a great boy quilt. Seeing your carnival blocks reminds me of my own and how I must get on with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrappy blocks! Have fun with the UFO cushion, it's looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those boy colours! Not sure I would have many in my stash either! And the wee coin tray is so feminine! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling with boy colours too. I need to go shopping before I can make my blocks. I think that your floor cushion will be beautiful. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running round after the toddling one would be more than I could manage right now! So well done on actually stitching too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The siblings quilt is going to look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your take on the Scrappy Trip Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrappy trips are having to put up with snow today though it may not settle!

    Love the carnival - what a great cushion it will make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely projects, and how nice to have a day with your daughter and granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...