Friday 31 May 2013

It's Official

Yes, I think summer might have arrived here in Ayrshire.
Without giving way too many details, we normally sleep with a 4 tog duvet which would normally be as much use as a chocolate teapot, but with my super king sized quilt atop, it adds the weight and warmth that we like.

However, last night, temperatures soared to 11 degrees and we threw caution to the wind and kicked the quilt into touch!!

So today, I awoke to bright sunshine and said quilt got its annual wash. Little do these teddies know that they will soon be usurped by my Mod Pop

Life on the edge, that's me...

11 comments:

  1. Get you - 11 degrees! Absolutely tropical for Scotland ;)
    Your mod pop is beautiful so I understand that the teddies need to be usurped. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I won't freeze to death in July then. It's almost as warm as our current winter temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a heatwave and a half...we still have our heating on down south. I've turned it off for two whole days this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot and sunny here too today; Sheila! About time.....lol Love your teddy quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Talk about living dangerously! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So global warming has finally hit the West Coast of Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better get out the Sunscreen for those teddies before they tan even more in your heat wave. First day of winter here and its 22 degrees . . . Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe that last night I kicked the quilt off our duvet too - are we putting bets on how long until it all goes back to 'normal'!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's you cursed it then...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laughing at your post and the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...