Wednesday 30 July 2014

Cooling Off for Christmas

My Sunday workshops have a bit of a reputation - the weather is always really good. Seriously, even in the winter the sun will be splitting the skies. People have been known to check out my workshop programme before organising weddings & BBQs. (ok, so I made that up)
Well, my first workshop of the new season was on Sunday and it rained. After a week of temperatures in the high 20s, I don't think any of us minded the cooler temperatures and as we were about to make Christmas Tree Skirts it seemed more appropriate weather.

I think everyone enjoyed themselves and all left with their Skirts ready for a bit of simple quilting. I was thrilled to have a young quilter join in on Sunday. At 12yrs of age she fairly brought down the average age, that's for sure!!




Thank you ladies, for easing me back into the old routine and for acting as unofficial pattern testers!
If you would like to make one of these Tree Skirts, you will find the pattern in my Etsy shop.




7 comments:

  1. Oooh it's fabulous Sheila! Looks like everyone had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely tree skirt S! I might just buy the pattern for my new xmas tree! The ladies did brilliantly with theirs, and aren't kids just so fearless and inspiring! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bunch of students you had Sheila, they have certainly done your pattern proud! Gold medals all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It rained on Christmas in July? How dare it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow 12!! that is so fab! love the pattern! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of the photos are missing, but the last one looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...