Sunday 20 July 2014

No Secrets.........

Sometimes when we do secret sewing it is easy to forget to mention it later. I have a couple of projects that I have made this month, both birthday gifts and one has now been received so I can share.

I made this embroidery pouch for a good online friend, Salley, in Sydney. Sadly we have yet to meet but our online friendship has blossomed with much in common and I know she enjoyed a special birthday last week.

I have made similar pouches now a few times and you will find the instructions in the lovely Ayumi's Patchwork Please book. Although aimed at the embroiderer I know Salley appliques and thought it would suit well for travelling projects.

Happy birthday Sal, I really enjoyed making this for you.

Recently, I taught a two day Intro to Patchwork course where the students learned the basics and used them to make a fully quilted cushion. I am still working on my second sample but decided to offer the original for sale. I have added it to my Etsy shop.

I hope all the FQ retreaters are recovering nicely after a wonderful weekend.




7 comments:

  1. what a lovely gift the sewing pouch is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your friend's birthday pouch! Can't believe that's another FQR over! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you all know . . I think Sheila and I were sisters, separated at birth! Thankyou to Helen (AKA Archie The Wonder Dog) for our intro's!

    Sheila...what an amazing friend you are. I was humbled by your generosity with a gift so lovingly and beautifully crafted. Its perfection is mind-boggling, and with your equally frantic life, I am very touched with this gorgeous sewing pouch. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pouch almost as much as I love Salley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha loving Helen's comment and thinking lucky Salley! She might just have to have another special birthday next year too!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...