Thursday 9 June 2016

Repeat...........

Yes, I feel like I am siting down to repeat my last post.

Amazingly, Ayrshire is still basking in summer sun. On our local news last night, the newsreader asked the weather man "is it just a Scottish thing where we keep saying, (in a doom laden voice)"......."oh it cannae last forever"..........!!

Well in these parts it feels like forever already and we are loving it.

As my OH had last week off we felt particularly blessed smug, and even took ourselves out into the lovely Ayrshire countryside for a good walk - pity I hadn't checked that it wasn't all particularly flat, heh heh, now in hindsight I can say the effort was well worth it - so was the pub lunch that followed.
I think I have now finished making wee things for the upcoming event in aid of Memories are Better than Dreams. Just a reminder to all my local readers that the fundraiser will take place in the Jennie Campbell School of Dance, (New Road, Ayr), Saturday 18th June from 2.30 - 4.30. 
This week it's been all about my Tiny Totes for Tiny Tots - easily made from charms or scraps - if you would like to have a go there is a tutorial in my Tutorials Page.



Still lagging a bit on my BOM blocks but finished another two from month nine. I think a whole quilt of these would look fantastic but I am NOT going there.

Lost a bit of definition in this next one, should have used a darker value for the star points, but didn't have a dark purple, hey ho.


In shop news I am awaiting delivery of quite a big Aurifil order so stay tuned to see all the lovely colours I will be adding, including quite a few at 40wt.

As I begin to clear my feet in my sewing room my thoughts are turning to a new quilt that I have been planning for some time. Maybe by the time I write next, I will have started to cut, exciting times.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a few shots from nursery sports day.

Mummys' race (wouldn't have missed this for anything)


Daddys' race


and my little winner (1 of 28 little winners, of course)


Hope the sun is shining where you are. x








4 comments:

  1. The Clyde Riviera is certainly living up to its reputation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brazillian greetings! Here we are in the end of Autumn but we already suffer with cold.
    Thanks a lot for the pictures, I loved to see the green pastures of Scotland!
    And your tots are lovely.
    One thing I love the most in blogosphere is the opportunity to see bits and bytes of family life around the world and acknowledge that although there are the cultural differences human life in general is so similar.
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep hold of the sun for a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually bucketing with rain again. You've been stealing the sun for too long Mrs S !.
    Those tiny totes are so sweet! Such cuteness....and Ava...total cuteness!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...