Wednesday 9 May 2012

Bee Blessed in May

I managed some time today to have a go at the Bee Blessed blocks for May. Judith asked us to make a Converging Corner block using the tutorial from Film in the Fridge. , a blog well worth visiting.

This block does not need specific measurements cut, nor is it strictly improv pieced, it's a bit of both and I goofed up a couple of times. If you visit FITF you will be able to see images of a full quilt made using this quirky variation on a Courthouse Step block - it looks brilliant.

Here are mine.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the fabric in the centre!
    I'm going to ones of these too, any tips so I don't goof?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CC blocks are lovely - very pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great Sheila. I think they are tricky for something that really needs no measurments. I have made a pink on, which i had to redo a bit of as well! Want to do a blue one too and get them sent off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila; I simply love these blocks. The fabric is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilts made from these blocks, I had some to make for a bee. I am going to make Judith some this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blocks Sheila! You are so good getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't they look wonderful! It's gonna be a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...