Sunday 18 November 2012

A Little Winter Sunshine

Sometimes I seem to take a while to finish things - usually it's because I am making along with my classes, like with this cushion.
I used the front to demo the NYB blocks and the curved piecing.
Then I came up with a quilting pattern.
And then I showed how I piece and quilt my cushion backs nowadays - I make an envelope back and always used a couple of pieces of cotton. But I started to quilt my cushion backs and love how substantial it looks. I bind the raw edges that overlap and this gives me the opportunity to demo single fold binding.
But it is finished now.

The peaks of the NYB were all made from a charm pack I had ( I have even started a little something with the offcuts but that will be for another day, waaaay down the line.)
The fabric I used for the borders and backing are from the Sunrise fat 1/8 pack of Kona cotton that I got from Fluffy Sheep Quilting, this particular combination was put together by Susan
Brings a lovely bit of sunshine to a grey November day, doesn't it.

14 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful sunny pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks fabulous, perfect to bring some winter sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic pillow Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is sunny and cheery and love the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cushion is a work of art. Beautiful piecing and quilting. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cushion, love the way you quilted it! Glad my little colour combo came in to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful - I love NYB blocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cushion is beautiful. I love the fancy quilted back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Susan's bundle was perfect wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...