Tuesday 20 November 2012

Swaps & Bees

I was surprised today to receive a package postmarked Galway - I didn't have anything outstanding from Cindy at Fluffy Sheep so what could it be?
I didn't manage to take a pic today to do justice, (so I pinched this one from Anneliese) as it never really got properly light - these lovely goodies came from Anneliese, - she had started by making me a mug rug that got too big (oh, what a shame....) so went on to make me a second one!! Aren't they super!
I also got a  pile of scraps, always good to have someone else's...........
Thank you Anneliese for the lovely surprise
Of course, all swaps are two way and my offering is this journal cover + scraps, of course!



I have had a good couple of sewing days - I have made progress with my Chinese Whispers project that I can't share with you until 2014 - yes, 2014..........I have been working on another secret project too.........I got the binding on to my strippy Velocity quilt, so the end is in sight, and I have made a couple of blocks for Judith's Bee Blessed. These were quick and easy to make and I reckon would make a stunning quilt, in fact I think I might make more blocks using a charm pack that I have, adjusting the dimensions just a little to save waste on the charms.
                                                             You should try a couple..........

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scrappy swap items! I love your BB blocks and I'm glad you're making progress on your Chinese Whispers project - is there a size limit? Of course, I'm most excited by the news that Strippy Velocity has a binding - eek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swap packages, both giving and receiving. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I forgot about the 'receiving bit' of the scrappy swap!

    Well done to the cheeky lady.

    Bee Blessed blocks on my To Do list for tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some scrummy bits and bobs there!

    Out of interest did you a pattern / tutorial for your journal cover or make it up? I'm thinking they'll make some nice stocking fillers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scrappy swap items. Glad that your projects are progressing! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun projects swapped!

    Must do those BB blocks too! On my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both packages are great, and pleased to hear you had some good sewing days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like both you and your partner are winners (love that journal cover!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swaps packages are both lovely, it is fun to be in these smaller swaps I think. And I look forward to seeing the secret sewing, but seriously - 2014, you must be putting it in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you like it! If was fun to make it and I would love to get your journal cover! Great swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I'll never feel guilty again about making you lot hang around a month or two! Fab swapsies though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hellooooooo. I am so happy to be the recipient of the wonderful journal cover, and fabulous green scraps. Your bee blessed blocks look great - they are fun to do aren't they?? So glad I have found your lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much fun is it to get a surprise in the mail - and one that includes someone else's scraps? Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...