I have had quite a productive week following my Heffalump production line.......
I made a start on my BQS3 quilt - I am possibly going to make this in three sections or I might join the sections together.
I am not happy with the side sections - I think I will prefer the strips to lie straight, I feel the angles detract from the lines of the centre piece. Anyway, I have already unpicked all those strips................
Next, I made a couple of coin trays, for little gifts.
And then I got stuck in to some class preparation. I have two main projects next session and this will be the centre block for one of them, I'll explain more when I have made a bit more of this sample.
And finally, today, I finished up my Spring Carnival project.
This was my holiday project, I prepped much of it before going off on holiday and spent many happy evenings stitching. I have really taken to EPP after avoiding it for so many years. But how could I resist such a super project. When I saw Katy's version of Spring Carnival I was smitten.
But.........I have a bad habit of rushing into fabric choice. The above fabric was some of a large bundle that I won last year. I planned it out quite carefully, fussy cutting some of the flowers but now it is complete I can see I have lost some of the circular movement due to my colour placement. I still like it, even though it really doesn't fit into any location in my own house - I planned to turn it into a large floor cushion cover but it measures about 30" x 26" so is a little big for my floor cushion. I might just make it into a wall hanging as I do find it quite interesting to look at......and I have enjoyed the process.