Monday 9 July 2012

Monday Memories #17

For my classes in 2009/10, I designed and made Pic'n'Mix. Year on year I have faithful members of my classes who return to take on new projects and challenges and they mix in with others who perhaps have only completed  a beginners' course.
So, I try to come up with projects that will suit all - something that will provide enough scope and challenge for those who want to experiment a bit, but easy enough for the less experienced quilters.
There was a lot to learn in this quilt - lots of foundation piecing, how to make multiple HSTs, different ways to make flying geese, and lots of advice and tips on the actual quilting.
Here are some of the beauties that were made and shown off in 2010.


 Ooh, I enjoyed looking at them all again - hope you did too!

6 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you both challenge your experienced sewers whilst encouraging your beginners all within one project. That is skillful. Nice quilt too! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of techniques

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea S! I'm trying to plan 2013 programme of classes at the mo! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sampler quilts and all those students looks very happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - they made some stunning projects!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...