Monday 2 July 2012

A Great Cause

Quilts for Siblings Together
Today, I am linking up with Lynne and her Siblings Together linky party. It was back in March when she put out a call for quilts for kids who are separated from their siblings within our UK social services system.
I had made a quilt that I termed my "first modern quilt" and it really didn't have a recipient in mind, until I read  about Siblings Together.
One of the reasons I was happy to help was because my daughter Jenny works with troubled teens in a residential facility. Some kids don't stand a chance do they?
If you pop over to Lynne's blog, you can read more about this very worthwhile cause and check out some of the fantastic quilts that were made.
                                      I really hope it helped brighten one young person's day.

10 comments:

  1. It's a lovely quilt - beautiful colours, and I think someone will feel very "grown up" wrapped in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous quilt, Sheila. Someone will be very happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the zingy colours. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt - this will make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quilt and so glad it will have a worthy home x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of destination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt and I expect it will be perfect for a teenager. Such a good cause to support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful quilt Sheila. XXX

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...