Friday 8 January 2010

Frozen Friday

Well I am back at work today after what seems like the longest break ever. As Sod would have it, my head cold has developed nicely just in time!! Classes which were meant to resume this week could not go ahead due to faulty heating at the community centre - spare a thought for John who has to be there anyway, and let's hope the engineer does his thing in time for next week. Looking on the bright side, instead of class yesterday, I was able to get a repairman out to fix my oven which had croaked on the 2nd - obviously the steak pie was just the final straw! I also had Tommy Calder out to fix my back door and thought I would share and recommend him to you all. We first had him see to problem double glazing in our old house - a faulty window catch I think. Then last New Year our front door would not lock and he fixed this for us. This time it's our back door handle which needs replacing. As we chatted he was telling me about his idea of dealing with old lead skylights - he has a technique which allows you to preserve your old window in situ but at the same time eliminate draughts and leaks and the expense of replacing with a Velux or similar. I know some of you ladies live in older houses and I just felt like spreading his word so here are his details:-



You know what it's like trying to find someone to fix stuff - if you have a good recommendation why don't you share it here with everybody.

Back to class matters - I have snail mailed this weeks handout to everyone who has had to miss class - I have also enclosed a wee bonus project to cheer you all up. If you get really bored, don't forget the "Friendship Wall" challenge block or how about knocking up a wee Linus quilt?

Keep warm.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...