Friday 25 March 2016

Well!!

I have had a hugely busy time since  my last post! Little did I realise the impact my simple request on the blog & IG would have.

Almost immediately the postman was delivering packages on a daily basis and fat quarters just poured in, (I stopped counting at 150) plus notions, plus yardage, plus pre cuts, plus zippy bags, pouches, dollies'sleeping bags - oh the kindness has been overwhelming.


Having previously worked in our local fabric shop, I have spent many a pleasant hour, sorting and matching and have lovely co-ordinated bundles to offer at the Open Day.

In advance of the big day, I have sold a couple of my old quilts, a donated sewing machine, tickets for the Edinburgh Knitting & Stitching Show, (kindly donated by one of my students), received donations, sold some fabric already, and all in all, have in excess of £500 already - all to go to Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity (Yorkhill)
I also have in excess of 60 packages ready for a Lucky Dip, and loads of "stuff" for our sales table.

The Open Day is on Sunday 3rd April in Alloway Village Hall (opposite Burns Cottage) from 11 -3 and as well as all the sales, there will be teas & coffees and home baking and of course, quilts, reflecting the 12years of my classes. Do come if you can.

So, of course, I will post after the event to report on the final sum realised, as well as showing off the quilts etc., BUT, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you out there who responded to my appeal - together, we are going to make a difference.

As well as coping with my extra post, the last two weeks has seen me wrapping up 12 years of teaching my classes so emotions (mine) have been running a little high. I have been thoroughly spoiled by my ladies. It's been a quick 12 years and many friends have been made along the way. I know our paths will continue to cross in the future and look forward to meeting up often.

Since Christmas all classes have been working on "Return to the Valley" - this was an abridged version of a project we did back in 2007. There was scope for a fair bit of individuality and here is a glimpse of some of the work completed. Well done ladies, you have all been brilliant!!









Stay tuned.













4 comments:

  1. Don't forget you are the star of the show. You have brought together all this wonderfulness and made the effort to raise the money. I'm proud to be one of your many online friends, Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You touch many hearts Sheila.
    May the Open Day be a roaring success! Looks like it is kicking off to a fabulous start . . .
    Take a bow Mrs D. You've inspired many.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...