Monday 10 January 2011

A flurry of activity

I had quite a busy weekend in my sewing room.........I quilted Evan's cushion top,


and stopped myself going further until I had made a start on another project, a cushion cover for a floor cushion which I plan to give to my niece, Hope, who will be 13 at the end of this month. (before Evan's birthday) Now first of all let me show you what arrived in the post last month from my big sis in Oz..........

.........two packs of yummy Australian fabric, actually made in Australia. Now tempting as it was to leave it packaged and safely in a drawer, I made the brave decision to cut into it for Hope's cushion. You see, she was born in Australia and suddenly  the fabric / project / birthday all made perfect sense. I added a couple of plains and one non-Oz fabric.........





and then I embroidered a couple of plains............


then I joined the 6" patches, layered them up and did a bit of very quick quilting! I plan to use cerise pink fleece for the backing. Feeling quite pleased with my efforts, somtimes the simple stuff is very effective isn't it?

Meanwhile, have you noticed the extra features on the blog, like the instant link to YouTube? Have a go if you haven't tried it before, not just for kids, try typing in, e.g. Eleanor Burns and you will be rewarded with quilting demos.......such fun.

I can see from my counter that the blog gets quite regular traffic, but I would just love it if you joined me as a follower.................

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...