Monday 6 October 2014

And the winners are............

Haven't drawn them just yet, but thought I'd do a quick update on my weekend sewing first. I found myself on Friday and Saturday with lots of opportunities to sew but was suddenly overwhelmed by weariness to the extent that I took to the sofa with my Kindle. Sometimes you have to give in to it don't you?
So on Sunday morning I managed a quick hour to make a start on quilting a baby quilt that I am planning as an early 2015 workshop. It features one of my latest Accuquilt dies
Quite cute, I decided to keep things quite simple and concentrate on just one animal, the giraffe. I showed the full top in my last post and today I finished off the quilting, so just the binding to do.


I enjoyed a bit of fmq meandering around the giraffe appliques and then in the plain white blocks I had a go at doing them in reverse.

And then I decided to make a start on this month's Bee Blessed block, a scrappy, stripey triangle. I decided to try and make them from my already cut strips and managed to do so. They were very quick to make.

If any of you would like to join in and make some of these blocks ( anyone in my classes fancy having a go??) then Judith has a tutorial HERE.

And so to my giveaway - thank you again for all the lovely comments. I am hoping for the first time to actually embed the random thingy in this post - have never managed before, possibly because I have Windows 8 but have been researching earlier this evening so here goes -

First up -


So Ruth has chosen prize number 1, the Mega Pinnie.

Next up, 

and Linda has chosen prize number 3, the Mystery bundle.

and finally,


So Pauline, the cushion cover will be yours, not your first choice but as you say, you can make your own Mega Pinnie. And by the way, AMH is Anna Maria Horner.

Well done ladies, I will be emailing you shortly.








5 comments:

  1. Cute wee giraffes, and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three Cheers for the Winners!
    Wish I could FMQ as well as you do. Those giraffes are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giraffes are so cute. Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the blocks S! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the reveal of those giraffes!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...