Tuesday 1 March 2011

My Treat

I visited the Spring Quilt show at Ingliston (near Edinburgh) on Saturday - hadn't been in a few years and was interested to see if it had changed much. I had made up my mind to treat myself to a funky, modern Jelly Roll but was disappointed to find few stands selling the new fabric that I keep admiring on so many blogs.

I think it was as busy as I recalled and there was plenty of spending going on. It  was great to catch up with Pat Archibald and she was telling us of her latest trip to India which appears to have inspired some of her new projects. Don't forget to check out her website here for details of her courses.

Sadly, the catering, as usual left much to be desired but this is down to the in -house catering and not the quilt show organisers.

I did manage to buy myself a few fat 1/4s...................


How yummy are these?  (Summertime by Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup for Henry Glass & Co.)
I think I have risen to my own challenge of trying something new, now I just have to decide on quilt style & pattern. Watch this space................

..........and before I go, why don't you hop over to Pleasant Home where Jodi is hosting a giveaway of an Accuquilt GO - Baby.........to celebrate the impending birth of her first grand-child.

3 comments:

  1. Love the fat quarters, I have been eyeing off Summertime, but as I have so many other projects to do and fabric to use it might have to wait a little longer.
    I can't believe they didn't have very many pre cuts, they are everywhere here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were lots of Jelly Rolls but no funky ones which I had set my mind on.......always the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - love these colours! We are lucky out our way as we have a fab shop near Braintree, And Sew on, who do lots of moda jelly rolls, charm packs etc.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...