Monday 1 August 2011

White Rabbits

So goodbye July, hello August. I haven't produced a lot of big stuff this month - finally quilted the tablerunner made from my "Authentic" charm pack. I have pieced six matching placemats and have a plan for them that involves my embroidery machine.
But the overwhelming feature of July was the introduction by Lynne and Gayle of theHexalong - oh how I have avoided doing English paper piecing............why would you, thought I, when there are perfectly good rotary cutters and sewing machines at our fingertips...........I have missed out.Who knew it was such fun, and so versatile - I so wish I had paid more attention to maths in school - wouldn't it be great to include a bit of EPP in the school curriculum?
As usual, I am linking to Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts.

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are hexing long - why is it so addicting and satisfying when we have rotary cutters and sewing machines - I agree, it shouldn't be but somehow it just is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a great month! Loving it all x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of it! Your table runner looks great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you are making such amazing hexies! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where to start!!! Love the table runner colours, pattern, the diamond star (i have been trying these but find them v fiddly??) the pincushion/scissor holder oh I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...